In order to produce its exhibitions and cultural activities, as well as run the Escola do Olhar, MAR counts on partnerships with companies and people interested in participating towards developing the critical eye of the citizen, and who believe in the transforming power of art and education.
MAR is a project conceived and implemented by the Rio de Janeiro City Hall and Fundação Roberto Marinho. It has Grupo Globo as a maintainer, as well as co-sponsorship from Souza Cruz, Sistema Fecomércio RJ/SESC and Banco Votorantim as support for the Escola do Olhar, BNDES as support for exhibitions, Itaú as support for 18th Century Rio, when Rio became the capital, Grupo Libra as support for educational visits and TIM as support for MAR de Música. It also counts on support from the Government of the State of Rio de Janeiro. This is a project of the Ministry of Culture and the Federal Government of Brazil, through the Federal Incentive for Culture Law. Management is the responsibility of Instituto Odeon.
Forms of support
- Sponsorship from private companies with direct resources
- Sponsorship from private companies through culture incentive laws (Rouanet Law, State and Municipal Laws for Culture - Rio de Janeiro)
- Sponsorship by individuals via the Rouanet Law
- Donations from individuals
- Financial donations
- Donations of artwork or collections of artwork to the MAR archive)
- Institutional partnerships